Mold Treatment – When and Why you need it.

By Crystal Alhabarneh, All Star Carpet Cleaning MN 3/9/23

Mold on carpet and under carpet on the pad.


We are going to discuss why Mold Treatment is vital during your service to extract water, First, lets start with what Mold is. Mold is a natural substance—a fungus—and it’s even something that we like to eat from time to time. Not something you want growing inside your home however. It can cause allergic reactions and a variety of health effects. Not to mention the smell leaves something to be desired.


Mold Spores are found all around you in the air outside and even inside your home. Mold can enter your home through open doors, windows, vents, and HVAC systems. Mold in the air outside can also attach itself to clothing, shoes, and pets can and be carried indoors. Those spores typically die off and cause no harm or health effect. However, when mold spores drop on places where there is excessive moisture, for example where water leakage or flooding have happened, they will grow and continue to grow unitl they are stopped. Many building materials provide suitable conditions and nutrients that encourage mold to grow when wet. Carpet and carpet pading are a prime examples of this.


The Mold Treatment we use at All Star Carpet Cleaning is a Medical grade broad spectrum, fungicide, virucide, disinfectant, sanitizer, and mildewstat. It works by inhibiting mold and mildrew growth. EPA-registered (E. P. A. Reg. No. 70385-6). When we are called out to a water event involving carpet we extract as much water as possible to remove it from the environment, we then spray the carpet and treat it with the Mold treatment. if there is a large water event we may recommend using dehumidifiers to help dry the carpet out as quickly as possible.

Posted in

All Star Carpet MN